M1Concourse, a world class private race course in Pontiac, MI, will be hosting their first ever cycling event on April 30, 2017. This is a rare opportunity to experience the beautiful 1.5 mile track – here’s a team preview drone video of the track. Sign up now at BikeReg and enjoy hours of competitive timed riding. We will limit the field to the first 200 riders registered. Prizes for the top finishers will be awarded. The rumor is that there will be interesting prizes and primes, yet again.
Who remembers the “Dude” package from the Corktown Crit? The winner surely remembers.
Who should register for A or B categories?
We suggest that if you’re an experienced racer (typically Cat 1, 2, 3) enter the A group, the pace will be high knowing some of the early entrants. Less experienced riders/racers (Cat 4, 5 or non categorized riders) might prefer the B category because the average speed will be lower. The nice thing is…you never REALLY get dropped. Although…you might get lapped. Not to worry, someone trustworthy will be watching your laps. There might even be a drone. And if you do get lapped, there’s a certain camaraderie when you accept your fate. We can’t all be Tom Brady or say, Peter Sagan (by the way, even Peter Sagan has been dropped/lapped, just saying).
The tentative schedule on Sunday, April 30 is as follows
- 10 am: Track opens for warm up. Anyone registered can ride for 2 hours until start of the first race. There is a gated entrance and parking will be available on the skid pad
- Noon to ~1.30 pm: Staggered start for A and B fields.
- ~1.30 pm – 3 pm: Prizes awarded, tour of track – All are welcome to continue riding the track
- We are working on getting a food / coffee truck but nothing has been approved yet. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for late breaking info
- 3 pm: Track closed / all event attendees must exit
Where do I get updates about the event, prizes, schedule, etc.?
Please follow our Facebook page, to get the latest updates and/or to ask questions.
Join us, this will be a lot of fun.